Our 4-Week Course
With only two students per tutor at any one time, tuition is comprehensive and you will work closely with your tutor to complete your chosen design.
You will be taught skills as required by your design, including how to:
- Lay out your design and make a cutting list from it
- Use workshop machinery such as a table saw, planer, bandsaw, mitre saw and router to machine your materials
- Make wood joints by hand and using machines
- Sharpen hand tools, where used
- Make mouldings using a table router
- Make tapered legs
- Build your piece allowing for wood movement
- Time permitting, you may make other small pieces, such as a small box or a veneered panel, using other bench skills learned on the course.
The fee for the intermediate course is £3,900, with a £900 non-refundable deposit payable to secure your place, with the balance payable one month before the start of the course. The cost of timber is included in this fee.
The upcoming course dates for 2024 are:
- 8 Jan – 2 Feb 2024
- 19 Feb – 15 Mar 2024
- 25 Mar – 19 Apr 2024
- 29 Apr – 24 May 2024
- 3 – 28 Jun 2024
- 8 Jul – 2 Aug 2024
- 12 Aug – 6 Sep 2024
If you would like to join us, please fill in the application form, stating your preferred start date.
We have an exciting bursary opportunity enabling a small number of successful students to enrol on a fully-funded place on the 4-week course running in June 2024. This provides a full scholarship covering school fees. Apply at the link below by 31 March 2024.
ARRANGE A VISIT
If you are looking to pursue a career in woodworking, get in touch to arrange a visit or a virtual call with the Principal.
Read about other courses
30 WEEK COURSE
This course prepares you for a career in fine furniture design. It provides an intensive curriculum and personalised instruction, surpassing other international courses in the field.
1 WEEK COURSES
Ideal for beginners, the 1-week course offers year-round instruction, covering various skills and techniques. This course is delivered Monday to Friday.